Monday, September 5, 2011

2 Notes about your Literature assignments:

#1 - I am scheduling a Literature Review evening on Thursday, September 15th from 7:00 to around 8:30 or so.  We will meet at the Dilworth Coffee near Highland Creek.  This is an opportunity for us to talk just about your literature - what you're reading, how it's going, struggles, ideas, questions, themes, etc.

#2 - I finally have the details on the literature assignments for both Dr. Gordon's and Mrs. Stith's class.  They are as follows:

*** Please note - I have tried to accurately translate both teachers' 'Week #'s' into actual dates.  I am assuming that they have scheduled their weeks and breaks to coincide.  Please do however double check these dates yourself - I don't want to be responsible for late projects!!

Mrs. Stith's class:
Fall - 2 book projects due October 25th and December 6th
Spring - 2 data sheets due January 31st and February 28th.

Dr. Gordon's class:
6 novels this year due 10/6, 11/22, 1/3, 1/31, 2/28, and 3/27

One of the things I did not want to do was to comandeer all your reading choices.  I was thinking that you would be reading more books for these classes this year.  So, I would like to ammend my literature assignment as follows:

Students in Mrs. Stith's class should be responsible for 2 literature selections this year.  I do encourage you to read one autobiography.  You must let me know your book choice and place a reading accountability plan in your notebook to show me your reading progress.  Calculate your reading plan based on the due dates for your English class.  As long as I see you reading one book from my class each semester and you provide me with a copy of your project/data sheet in your notebook you will have met my literature requirement.

Students in Dr. Gordon's class should be responsible for 3 literature selections this year.  One of your selections must be an autobiography.  You must let me know your book choice and place a reading accountability plan in your notebook to show me your reading progress.  Calculate your reading plan based on the due dates for your English class.  As long as I see you reading 3 books for my class this year and you track your reading in your notebook and provide me with copies of you data sheets/essays you will have met my literature requirement.

Both Dr. Gordon and Mrs. Stith are encouraging you to read books from this booklist:

101 Books

No comments:

Post a Comment